Time for some accountability. The first month of 2016 has come and gone and while I have no new stories completed yet I did have my mind in the writing game. I’ve revised some older stories and I’ve been submitting. Specifically:
- I sent out 12 submissions (including a late night new year’s eve submission that I’m counting)
- I received 6 form rejections
- I also got 2 personal rejections (quite nice ones actually)
- As of this post I still have 6 submissions out and awaiting responses
- I have one finished story I’m deciding where to send next
Regarding that last point – I’m thinking I’ll be sitting on it awhile if only because there are some currently closed to submissions markets I expect to open by April/May that might be good fits and pretty much all the markets I could send it to right now would likely take even longer than that to answer back.
So that’s January’s nutshell. Bring on February.